Friday, June 27, 2014

Feature Author: Clarissa Wild


Feature Author Clarissa Wild
Clarissa Wild is the Amazon Bestselling Romance author of FIERCE, a top 200 and top 15 New Adult Romance novel. She is also a writer of erotic romance such as the Blissful Series, The Billionaire's Bet series, the Doing It Series and the Enflamed Series. She is an avid reader and writer of sexy stories about hot men and feisty women. Her other loves include her furry cat friend and learning about different cultures. In her free time she enjoys watching all sorts of movies, reading tons of books and cooking her favorite meals.

Author Interview
1.              Where are you from?

Europe ;)

2.              What do you do when you’re not writing?

I watch a lot of anime! I also love playing video games, haha. Yes, I’m a real nerd.

3.              Where do the ideas for your books come from?

Sometimes they come to me through dreams, other times I pick up on little bits and pieces out of nowhere and they just form a story. It’s odd, I don’t always know ;)

4.              What book are you reading now?

I’m reading allegiant by Veronica Roth, but also RAW by Belle Aurora. I usually read a bunch of books at the same time :P

5.              What was the hardest part in writing?

The hardest part for me is taking my time on the ending. I tend to want to rush things because I get too excited. I also think outlining is hard, because that’s when the story needs to be set in stone, piece by piece, chapter by chapter. :)

6.              What was your favorite part of writing?

My favorite part is when I get all giggly and giddy about my own work. It means I love the characters so much they could be real. I love that.

7.       What are your current projects?

I’m currently working on Mr. X, a dark romance standalone with very heavy themes.

8.      Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Of course! Here is a tiny unedited snippet from X’s pov:

Monday, January 23rd, 2009

For a month I have listened to the beeping of the machine keeping me alive. The constant sound is a painful reminder that I’m still here in this world. That everything they’ve done to me was real. That I’m really in a hospital, lying in a stone cold bed, watching the world pass me by. I’m constantly in pain. My face burns and itches, but I can’t scratch. A bandage covers everything. I’ll never get used to this.
I’d prefer death over this place, because if there’s a hell on earth, it’s right here.

Saturday, March 28th, 2009

The doctors tell me it could take years to recover, but I don’t allow myself that much time. Even with only one eye I will make it work, somehow. I will recover quickly and reclaim what’s been taken from me; my dignity.
Today is the day they take off my bandage. The careful unwrapping makes me furious, because I’d much rather rip it off and be done with it. I want to see what’s happened. I want to see what those fuckers did to my face. So when he’s finally done, I pick up the mirror on my cabinet and hold it in front of me. Terror flows through me, an inferno of rage setting my veins on fire. My eye is gone, my face destroyed. What’s left is a vicious remnant of their attack. Loose skin and horrid scars running all the way up to my skull. My hair is split in half as it no longer grows on the burned skin. All that’s left is ruin and misery.
I’ve become a monster.
I was burned to ashes, along with my soul, but I will rise and make them pay.


9.       Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Go add Mr. X to your to-read list ;) You won’t be disappointed, especially if you love dark reads!

~~**OK………….. Now that all the serious questions are out of the way, let’s have some fun**~~

10.   What is your most embarrassing moment?

My most embarrassing moment? Phew, that’s a tough one, because I have plenty! Haha. Well, I did once go to a public restroom at a diner and when I came out (mind you, I had already walked through the entire diner by then) someone told me there was toilet paper still stuck in my pants. O.o I plucked it out, laughed it off, and then ran off. Never came back there again either.

11.    What is one of the things you would put on your “bucket list”?

I would really like to go see the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City! Going to China is definitely on my to-do list!

12.    If you could be any flavor of ice cream what flavor would you be and why?

OMG I would sooooo be hazelnut&chocolate. Seriously, that shit is to die for. ;)

13.    What is one thing that annoys you the most?

The thing that annoys me the most is getting disturbed when reading or writing a book ;) seriously, stay out of my book world, haha!

14.    What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?

Not much :P I don’t put weird food in my mouth.

15.    Are you a morning or night person?

Night, oooh yes, definitely night. I’m a zombie in the morning. You do not want to talk to me, at all. I might eat you. :P

16.    What’s your favorite movie?

I have so many!!! Um … I like Inception, Amelie Poulain, The lord of the Rings, The Matrix … yep, like I said, I’m a real nerd :P

17.    Where is the worst place you could get stuck?

Inside an elevator! Um, hello! *shivers*

18.   Where would you go if you were invisible?

I would go to the guy’s locker room in a gym :D Such a fun time … <3

19.    What is the one thing you own you wish you didn’t?

My alarm clock. Hahahahaha!

20.   If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?

A hot guy. And a bottle of water. Always need my fluids, especially when I drool a lot. Hahaha!

21.    If you could choose your nickname, what would it be?


Most people call me C so I guess it would be that ;)

Flame (#2 Fierce Series)

Amazon
This is book 2 in the Fierce Series, and it is the conclusion to Autumn and Hunter's story.
It is recommended that you read book 1 first: Fierce

When trust is challenged and desire takes control, is love enough to conquer fear?

When geeky book nerd Autumn Blakewood falls for the cocky, confident fighter Hunter Bane she knows she’s in for life. Their undeniable connection, fueled by the desire to protect, grows stronger every passing second. However, the need to feel cherished threatens her college graduation, family bonds, and future, tearing her apart, but she won’t give up on Hunter so easily …

After he was abandoned by his family, Hunter Bane struggles to cope with daily life. Having a learning disability turns every task into a challenge. With his brother now free, Hunter feels the pressure to succeed and take care of the people he loves, forcing him to choose between college and a job. Hunter’s devotion to Autumn keeps him on the right path. His infatuation with her turns lust into passion, drawing out his alpha tendencies. But with affection comes admission, putting a strain on their relationship as secrets are exposed and unforeseen circumstances spiral out of control.

Being complete opposites, their love is flaming hot, but it burns away all inhibitions, unveiling the fears that were locked deep inside. As past and present collide, difficult choices must be made. Can Autumn and Hunter’s love survive this ultimate test?

A New Adult Contemporary Romance with a Happy Ever After (HEA)
84000 words, or 300 pages in print
No Cliffhanger

SERIES READING ORDER:
1. FIGHT (#0.5, Fierce)
2. FIERCE (#1, Fierce)
3. FURY (#1.5, Fierce)
4. FLAME (#2, Fierce)

If you're a fan of hot, muscled street fighters with a soft side, this book is for you! Get your cheap copy now!

4.5 Amazing Stars
I am a huge Clarissa Wild fan, so when I was assigned to do her Feature Author post for the blog and review Flame, I may or may not have fan girled for a few moments before getting into professional mode. ☺I thoroughly enjoy all of her books, but the Fierce Series is one of my favorites.  This is the final book in the series and the conclusion to Autumn and Hunter's story, and what a wonderful conclusion it was.  It was the perfect ending to a wonderful series.  These characters are absolutely wonderful and ones that you can relate to through every book, all the way to the end.  Their story will take you on a roller-coaster ride of emotions, through twists and turns in the story that you will not see coming.  This story will suck you in and consume you.  If you have not read the Fierce Series, then why the hell not?!?!  Hop to it peeps, you don't know the awesomeness that you are missing!
~Lauren~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other books by Clarissa Wild
*** BOOKS BY CLARISSA WILD ***
AMAZON | BARNES&NOBLE | KOBO | iTUNES | GOOGLE PLAY


*** COMING SOON ***
Add Mr. X to your TBR shelf on GOODREADS
*Author Note: This is not your average romance story. Some people will kill for love.*

He’s come to kill me.

I’m a user and abuser of my own body. In the darkest hour I sold my soul to the devil and now I must pay the price. With his gun to my head I have no choice but to listen and obey, but I refuse to go down easily. Nothing is stronger than the will to survive. My instincts kicked into full gear the second he stepped into my motel room.

Except when I look at him I see my own heart staring back at me. A history tainted by blood.

I don’t know his name, but I know he wants me. To save myself I’ll sacrifice my sanity. My body. My soul. Something tells me the x-shaped scar that marks his eye is the only escape I have. He is Mr. X; the man who comes to claim my life. Can I save myself before he demands my heart?

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, breath depravation, strong language, drugs and alcohol, and graphic violence, which may be considered triggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment